24 November, 2010

video: pregnant live on terroreyes

When Daniel Trudeau (better known around these parts as Pregnant) took the stage at last week's Open Melody fest at UCI, I didn't know quite what to expect. Excited pre-show murmur among my friends was cautiously skeptical: The freaky/folky glitched-out brilliance found on tracks like "Uphill Divination" and "Liquidation on Swans" didn't seem to lend itself to the spartan guitar-plus-laptop setup. We had seen Panda at FYF. "I really hope this isn't wack," I said out loud.

Naturally, I was just being a huge dick as Mr. Trudeau turned in one of the most organic, crystalline-pure musical performances I've ever had the pleasure of witnessing. Having done their homework, the homies at TERROREYES capture the Pregnant live experience beautifully, emerging from this personal rabbit hole with some gorgeous footage from Pregnant HQ in Placerville, CA.

PREGNANT from TERROREYES.TV on Vimeo.

Here's Pregnant's first TE session from some time back, playing the brain-smashing ultrahit "Do That" from Liquidation on Swans.

Pregnant from TERROREYES.TV on Vimeo.

(via Life's Blood)

No comments:

Post a Comment