28 May, 2010

new music: weekend/young prisms split 7''

Awesome new split 7'' single from the homies at Transparent featuring two of San Francisco's finest pop outfits. Young Prisms have had a pretty decent touring presence throughout Cali this year. I was lucky enough to catch them at Tan Dollar's record release show a few months ago, where they delivered an unexpectedly gazey performance that delivered on the promise of their early material. Their side of the vinyl goes further in that direction with insistent drumming and pretty much everything else hazed/droned into oblivion.But it's Weekend, who I actually hadn't heard until now, that probably steal the show with "End Times". That bassline just will not leave me alone.


mp3->Weekend - End Times (from the End Times/I Don't Get Much split 7'', out on Transparent)

mp3->Young Prisms - I Don't Get Much (from the End Times/I Don't Get Much split 7'', out on Transparent)

(via Transparent Blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment