05 May, 2009

Best Thing Ever: Stay Cool Forever

As anyone who knows me personally can attest (and I am very, very sorry), words can't really express my wide-eyed breathless excitement about the fact that I live a quarter-mile from Stay Cool Forever.

The latest incarnation of an incestuous little music collective brewing in my humble hometown for the better part of my coming-of-age, Stay Cool recall acts as diverse as New Order, HEALTH, and Matt & Kim. Armed with a stack of Casio keyboards, a handful of loops, and a whole array of miscellaneous percussion and electronic gizmos, the band weaves intricately textured tunes that overflow with a sense of nostalgic, triumphant defeat.

"20 Pack'd"


If you're interested in seeing the future of angsty suburban synth-pop, come down to the Pharaoh's Den in Riverside, CA tonight starting at 12 pm for an art show and a little music. Seriously. Do it.

Pharaoh's Den
3579 University Ave
Riverside, CA 92501
$5

Stay Cool goes on at 8:30 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment